Sunday, September 27, 2009

Interstella 5555: The 5tory of the 5ecret 5tar 5ystem


Felt like doing this for a while but have no idea how. OK basically Interstella 5555: The 5tory of the 5ecret 5tar 5ystem is a japanese animated musical film. Some say its the longest jap mv, others say it's nothing special. But for me it really branded into my memory since i was 13 while watching cartoon network lol. The film is the visual realization of Discovery, an album by Daft Punk. Each track from the album has been animated as an episode in the story of the abduction and rescue of an interstellar pop band. The film was produced by the creators of the Discovery album, along with Toei Animation, under the supervision of Leiji Matsumoto. The film has no dialogue and minimal sound effects. The whole story is hard for me to put into words. To make it short, The crescendolls aka. Octave, Baryl, Arpegius and Stella got kidnapped from thier planet, was robbed of their mind, landed on planet earth, make huge record and money for the kidnapper bastard and its up to Captain Harlock Shep to save the day.


Few of the songs that I like from the Film.

Yeah one more time, couldn't get this out of my head since 13, still can't lol.



Guitar solo here is quite nice



My fav song lol. Lyrics simple but deep. I fell in love with a superstar, who wouldn't.



If only humans could dress this fast lol.



I just wanna hold u and give u all my sweet sweet memories.



The whole movie. Watch it if u have the nerve to sit there for one hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment