Sunday, July 25, 2010

Jyukai BEST ~Stairway to the future~

Well if you're pretty much a big fan of Jyukai, then this is the album for you. A compilation album of the best hitz from her 2 albums. As for hardcore fans, you'll be pissed off from the last two tracks.

Tracklist:
01. Anata ga Ita Mori ~ Fate/Stay Night's 1st ending was simply beautiful. Definitely my favorite track of all time by them. 10/10 hands down.

02. Koibito Doushi ~ The 2nd ending for Ah! My Goddess ~ Flights of Fancy is just an okay track for me. 6/ 10

03. Hoshi Akari ~ neutral, slow to progressive power track. Still it doesn't click for me. 5/10

04. Hikari ~ 2nd ending for Fate/Stay Night. This one deserves credit. Slow mellow piano piece to powerful harmonized instrumental works in the making, amplified by Jyukai's voice. The pre-chorus definitely did the trick. 8/10

05. Sakasete wa Ikenai Hana ~ One of the more favorable piece. Unfortunately, the chorus doesn't go for me on this one. 5/10

06. Komoriuta ~ Nice starting point to misused op-mid pre-chorus to a powerful chorus. 7.5/10

07. Himegoto ~ Don't really like this track. 4/10

08. Kojou no Tsuki ~ Not my cup of tea. 5/5

09. Ai no Hoshi ~ The OVA OP for Ah! my Goddess. The starting part doesn't click for me. Once the lyrics pour in, it moved me to the beat a little. Pre-chorus sounds good, then BOOM!!! a pretty cliche' chorus. 6.5 /10

10. Hanamuke no Melody ~ The OVA ED for Ah! my Goddess. Definitely the only track from Ah! my Goddess that I enjoyed till the very end of it. 8.5/10

11. Omoide ni Naru Mae ni ~ This track rocks. Seriously the best for this album. Well, second only to Anata ga Ita Mori. 9/10

12. With… feat. Tainaka Sachi ~ Yet another beautiful track. 8.5/10

13. Anata ga Ita Mori ~the brilliant world~ OMG! this track is seriously sad. Definitely the worst track for the entire album. It is debatable but for me it is just that bad. How could they ruin such a masterpiece aka Anata ga Ita Mori by adding in "brilliant world" which is thus redefined as a new track. Well a wrong usage of musical instruments in my opinion. I rather Anata ga Ita Mori - piano version / guitar version / violin version even. 3/10

14. Hikari ~Kaisou~ Yet another sad arrangement. Still it's a little better than track 13. I have no problem after midway. The starting was terrible. Seriously, they should have arranged this track in either one-way piano version or guitar version. This track has top-notch potential and they went all the way to ruin this thinking it would sound nicer. Doing this in an open environment at night is bad. Annoying sounds made by insects + natural environment does not go with this song. Take Taiyou no uta as reference. Silent atmosphere, pure acoustic recording which results in beautiful sound that leave people like me in awe. Greatly disappointed with the opening. I can only just hear a faint version of the song. Fortunately the mid-end piano arrange sounds great. 4/10

Download

No comments:

Post a Comment